Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fairy Cupcakes

Back when I delivered Javier and when he started weaning, I knew nuts about cooking for children so I bought the ANnabel Karmel's New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner. It has recipes for weaning to those catered for toddlers.
It was an expensive book, about SGD40? But, today, I know I have made the right choice, cos I used it so extensively, it has torn pages, pages with batter... haha... and perhaps, saliva from both my boys.

Today's recipe is good for those lazy days... Try it. and I think it's also good for the simple cupcakes for birthdays too. Just ice the cakes according to the theme and viola!

Well, here's the recipe.
Makes 10 cakes

140g softened butter
140g golden caster sugar (Can't find it in FL, so I used caster sugar)
3 eggs (60g each)
1tsp pure vanilla extract
125g self raising flour

[1] Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.

[2] Line the muffin tray with muffin cases.

[3] Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes until smooth.

[4] Divide the mixture between the cases so they are filled two-thirds of the way up.

[5] Bake for 18 - 20 mins until they are lightly golden and risen.

Then ice it if you like or simply eat them with tea.

* I reduced the sugar to 120g. I find 140g too sweet. You can try the recipe and adjust accordingly.

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment